About the Michigan Master Gardener Association
The Michigan Master Gardener Association was created as an educational and service organization serving Master Gardener Volunteeers throughout Michigan.
Your Support is Crucial
The Michigan Master Gardener Association is a non-profit corporation with an all-volunteer board who invite you to become involved as a volunteer and a member. Membership is open to every master gardener volunteer in good standing, which includes recertified master gardeners and volunteers in training. The cost is just $5.00. It’s less than the cost of a movie or lunch out, yet that $5.00 individual membership fee helps pay for that critical liability insurance coverage that none of us can afford to be without. Your commitment to our association will help keep this insurance affordable for everyone. Click here to join today!
For a copy of the bylaws of the MMGA, click here.
For further information about the Michigan Master Gardener Association, Inc. please visit
Set up to benefit the dedicated volunteers who have made the Michigan Master Gardener Program such a success, the Michigan Master Gardener Association is dedicated to:
- discounts at garden retailers. For details visit our Exclusive Benefits page.
- providing liability insurance for Master Gardener volunteers at group rates
- creating an organization that allows Master Gardener Association supporters to reap the tax benefits of donating to a 501c3 organization
- assisting local affiliated Master Gardener Associations
- providing a by-laws template
- supporting Master Gardeners who don’t have a local association in their area
- organizing a speaker bank to provide speakers for local clubs and associations on key environmental topics
- continuing to work with MSU to offer exceptional educational opportunities at the annual Master Gardener College
Volunteers and volunteerism are central to our mission as we strive to make Michigan a more beautiful place to live and to educate Michigan residents about the many benefits of gardening, including the opportunity to grow nutritious, healthy food.